- Natalie Katz, MD, PhD (incoming Fellow July 2023 – 2025), University of Rochester, Development of novel imaging biomarkers for use in pediatric facioscapulohumeral muscular dystrophy
- Tyler Rehbein, MD (current Fellow 2022 – 2024), University of Rochester, Neuromuscular ultrasound as a biomarker to improve clinical trial readiness in Charcot-Marie-Tooth Neuropathies
- Renatta Knox, MD, PhD (current Fellow 2021 to 2023), Nationwide Children’s Hospital, Posttranslational Modifications of DUX-4
- Paloma Gonzalez-Perez, MD, PhD (2020 to 2022), Massachusetts General Hospital, Molecular Biomarkers In Myotonic Muscular Dystrophy Type 2
- Reza Seyedsadjadi, MD (2019 to 2021), Massachusetts General Hospital, Proximal nerve visualization in CMT
- Davut Pehlivan, MD (2018 to 2020), Baylor School of Medicine, Elucidating the genetic etiology of neuromuscular disorders using high-throughput sequencing approaches
The purpose of this scholarship is to promote neuromuscular clinical and translational research through fellowships to trainees and to promote the activities of the Neuromuscular Study Group. This award will consist of a commitment of $65,000 per year for two years, plus a $10,000 per year stipend to support education and research-related costs for a total of $150,000. Supplementation of the award with other grants is permissible, but to be eligible to apply for this award, the other grant source(s) cannot exceed $75,000 annually.
The American Academy of Neurology is firmly committed to embracing the diversity among our members, applicants, and reviewers and affirms the importance of equity and inclusiveness within the AAN research program.
More information https://www.aan.com/education-and-research/research/aan-research-program/clinical-research-training-scholarship-in-neuromuscular-disease/
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit only one application. The review committee will consider your application for all of the applicable funding opportunities.
September 1, 2022: Application deadline – Note that this is the deadline for all documents, including those from the reference, mentor, and chair. Applications will be declined if this information is not submitted by September 1.
January 2023: Notification of recipients
July 1, 2023: Funding begins